8 Questions On Hope.
The season of Advent is upon us.
Our church is taking a pause from a year-long study of Matthew’s Gospel, to focus on this Christian tradition. Advent brings a sense of anticipation to Christmas, instead of just simply waiting for the day to arrive.
Our small groups will be unpacking the Advent themes as well. Here’s what we came up with this week.
Pre-Study Scripture Reading: Gen. 3:15, Gen. 12:2, Jer. 6:6-21, Jer. 29:10-14, Rom. 5:1-5, Heb. 11:1-16 and Heb. 12.
1. What are your initial thoughts on the referenced passages?
2. What does “the season of advent” mean to you? How has this Christian tradition impacted your life and faith in the past?
2. When you hear the word “hope“, what images come to mind?
4. What do you hope for in your life, family and/or faith? What’s missing?
5. The object of our hope is the glory of God. How have you seen evidence of this statement in your life?
6. The subject of our hope is our faith in Jesus. How does this statement present itself in your life on a daily basis?
7. Where have you experienced disappointment lately? How does the hope of Christ brighten that disappointment?
8. How will this discussion on hope impact your day-to-day life this week?
Join the Conversation, Leave Your Thoughts
How will hope impact your day-to-day life this week?