I want to equip the people around me.
Throughout my life, I’ve facilitated numerous equipping initiatives. From mentorship and discipleship, to teaching and preaching; training people and building teams brings me incredible joy. You’ll notice under the Equipping drop-down menu, I have included posts that hold category content specifically related to three topics:
- Discipleship, focused on the meaning and methods of being a disciple of Jesus.
- Ministry Tools, centred around practical faith based materials and resources.
- Technology, directed at the tangible ministry value of media tools and devices.
In regards to my teaching ability, I have learned a lot through trial and error, on how to connect with a group of people. I have also learned the balance between information distribution and audience engagement.
When equipping, my objectives are three-fold.
(1) First, I want to connect with a group on a level of comfort; where the information is given in a timely manner. The group should receive material with a feeling of discussion and not dictation, giving them opportunity to think instead of just feverishly taking notes. The goal should be grasping the key principles without getting bogged down with content.
(2) Secondly, I want a group to have a memorable experience. My desire is not to provide a comedy routine, where people are entertained but take home limited practical gain. Instead, through intermittent humour and crowd participation, a group should receive memorable principles to encourage them and help in their personal and spiritual growth.
(3) Lastly, I want to provide a group with useful resources. Specifically, tools that are not just useful for someone who attended the session, but tools that can be easily shared. Consequently, the growth obtained will extend to co-workers, ministry team members, friends and family.
I would be thrilled to invest in your team or ministry and help them grow. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me at 867-335-7524 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, check out my Contact page for further information.