10 Questions for Reflection From Mt. 17
The Transfiguration: Matthew 17:1-9
This week, we’ve been working through a post-series on Matthew 17:1-9. Today, we end this series with some questions for personal or group reflection.
Scroll to the bottom of this post to read previous posts.
10 Questions for Reflection
1. What were your initial thoughts, after hearing the message or reading the passage?
2. Why do you think God chose to unveil this experience from a mountaintop?
3. In your opinion, why was Peter, James and John invited, but not the other disciples?
4. How did the addition of Moses and Elijah add to this mountaintop experience?
5. Why do you think Peter wanted to set up tents for Moses, Elijah and Jesus?
6. How would you feel and what would you be thinking if you were James or John?
7. Why do you think the disciples were so terrier, after hearing the Heavenly Father’s voice?
8. Coming down the mountain, what do you think the disciples were feeling and/or thinking?
9. In your faith-walk, what mountaintop is Christ calling you to climb?
10. How will studying this account impact your life this week?
Join the Conversation, Leave Your Thoughts
Are these study questions valuable? If not, how could they been made more useful?