Last night, I got back into action with our middle school students.
Each Wednesday night, we run a Middle School Discipleship program that focuses on fun, building relationships, promoting Christian media and Biblical small group study. This week, our theme was God’s Power based on Matthew 17:20 and Philippians 4:13.
In our lives, there are many things that are seemingly impossible. This may come through school work and grades, family life or working within our various social circles. Our goals and aspirations then seem impossible. Tonight, we’re going to look at God’s Power and some Biblical evidence that with God, nothing is impossible!
“Through You I can do anything, I can do all things
‘Cause it’s You who gives me strength, Nothing is impossible
Through You blind eyes are open, Strongholds are broken
I am living by faith, Nothing is impossible
I’m not gonna live by what I see, I’m not gonna live by what I feel
Deep down I know that You’re here with me
And I know that You can do anything
I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe in you“
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION:
1. What are your initial thoughts about this video and/or the song lyrics?
2. Is there something you want to do in your life that you think is impossible? If so, share
3. What are some of the impossibilities in your life right now?
4. Read Matthew 17:20 and Philippians 4:13. What are your thoughts on these verses in regards to your life?
5. What are the mountains in your life that need to be moved? Explain.
6. Do you believe that God can move those mountains? Why or why not?
7. Spend some time in prayer, asking God to assist in moving those mountains.
In your life, what impossibilities have been conquered by God’s power?