Experiencing God In 2015
Our interim pastor, Dan Chapman continued his preaching series: “Developing Healthy Believers to Build Up the Body of Christ, Enabling It to Be On Mission” (Click HERE to listen to the sermon audio or download our podcast.)
This week, we’re getting back to a staple for the Christian life; the Psalms. In particular, Psalm 40, unpacking David’s first 3 verses and how they can impact our walk with Christ. Three verses that can bring us a greater experience with God; right here, right now.
1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.
1. When you read verses 1-3, what comes to mind first? Which verse impacts you the most?
2. Lifted Up: God sometimes waits a while before lifting us up? Why do you think He waits?
3. Standing Firm: This passage speaks of God giving us a firm place to stand. In your life, when’s the last time you experienced this?
4. Singing A New Song: When you think of a “new song” that God has given you; what comes to mind? What does this verse mean to you?
5. What’s the connection between our “new song” and evangelism?
6. Trusting In Him: What are you struggling with this week? How will you be trusting in God with that struggle?
Lifted Up, Standing Firm, Singing a New Song & Trusting In Him
CAN I GET YOUR FEEDBACK?
What do you enjoy most about the Psalms? Which is your favourite and why? Why are they important of the church?