In our High School Discipleship program, we’ve been working through Francis Chan‘s “Surrender” series.
The last section of our series based around the Surrender of SELF.
SURRENDER SELF: “Altar Egos” – Week 1
Surrender SELF – “Altar Egos” from Surrender Series
1. Emily is a young gal who has a very busy life. Can you identify with her? Is your life as busy as hers, or even busier?
2. Where we spend our time tells us a lot about our priorities. If Emily really wanted to spend more time with God, what could she have done differently?
3. That’s easy to say about a girl you’ve never met, but what about you? What’s a typical day look like for you? Where are your priorities?
4. What choices could you make to focus more of your time on God-centered life? What advise did Francis Chan give?
5. Read Luke 9:23-26. What is a cross? What did the cross mean to Jesus’ disciples? How would they have perceived this statement?
6. With that in mind, how do we in the present-day “take up our cross daily”?
7. Does “losing” your life in verse 24 just mean dying? Or is there another meaning?
8. How do people try to “save” their lives nowadays? How do you try to “save” your life these days and how is it working?
9. Does anyone find themselves feeling described in verses 25 and 26? If so, how and what changes are you willing to make?
Once again, plugging the promo video for Francis Chan‘s “Surrender” series. If you haven’t seen it, watch it now and you’ll want to order the material!
How can we rid ourselves of our Altar Egos?